It’s the perfect time to update your professional or personal headshots!
Spring is the season of renewal and fresh beginnings. The sun finally appears in Cleveland! What better time to update your headshot than with a gorgeous spring background? More and more, clients and employers are requesting outdoor headshot photos. While studio headshots are great, and are something that I do offer, outdoor headshot photos seem more approachable and the overall esthetic is more to my liking and most of my clients’. Below are some examples of different outdoor headshots that I’ve taken.
In Cleveland, we’re lucky enough to have so many hours of sunlight during the spring and summer, making it easy to schedule your headshot photo session for after your work day and still be able to catch the gorgeous light of the “golden hour,” just before the sun sets.
A few things to consider when preparing for your headshots:
- Avoid busy patterned clothing, stick to solid colors or simple patterns. Small prints and plaids do not photograph well and can be distracting
- For women – have your makeup done (do it yourself if your makeup skills are good, otherwise hire a makeup artist). Even if you don’t normally wear makeup, a very subtle natural makeup look will show great in photographs
- For men – do not shave or have your haircut the same day as your photo is being taken. Prepare ahead and shave the day before and have your hair cut a few days before you are being photographed.
- If you are having professional headshots taken, check with your employer about guidelines or restrictions (ie, do they want a shoulders up shot? do you need to be wearing a certain color/uniform?)
- Be yourself and have fun! There is no reason why having a headshot photo taken should be painful, stay relaxed and expect great results!